St. Agatha’s Journalism students attend tour at the Chicago Sun Times to see how a newsroom works. Interns observer print, online and broadcast processes in the Sun Times newsroom. All students are able to observe across multi-media platforms including audio, video and text that reach traditional audiences.
- Interns view a newsroom as it functions in a live setting
- Interns watch professional journalist make use of the same tools they have been acquainted with during their learning process.
- Tours will be conducted by professional Sun Times Staff and last approximately 90 minutes
- Interns get a chance to sit in on a newsroom meeting where the editors discuss stories for print and digital.
- The tour unpacks some of the magic of the process, and provides fodder for conversations about the work of journalists, the perils of bots and fake news, and the freedoms protected by our Constitution.
- Overall, Interns learned how the news gets written.